- ASK A QUOTATION LETTING US KNOW THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP
- START TIME: 9:30 AM
- DURATION: 9 HOURS
- THE TOUR WILL START AND FINISH IN YOUR HOTEL
- AN EXTRA FEE IS APPLIED FOR TOURS FROM BILBAO
- Private Group
- Basque Local Driver/Guide
- All transportation costs (fuel, parking and tolls)
- PRIVATE VISIT IN THE WINERY
- COMMENTED WINE TASTING OF 5 WINES
- FULL LUNCH INCLUDING ALL WINE
- Any other not specified items
ADAPTING TO YOU:
- Our tours are private, so we could add / remove / change anything on them to meet your preferences
- We could exchange the morning visit to Pamplona for a Golf game in a nearby golf course.
- This tour could also be done from Bilbao, please check conditions.
An experience of a lifetime
This tour is a unique chance to visit a top range Spanish winery, including a commented tasting of their top wines and a full lunch,all in a private VIP environment
In our way to the winery, we will stop in Pamplona, for a short city stroll, walking along the narrow streets where the famous Running of The Bulls is celebrated every July
The winery we will visit is one of the only thirteen Vino de Pago wineries that exist in Spain.
“Vino de Pago” is a classification for the highest category on the quality scale of Spanish wines (similar to the French appellations) and means that in addition to having a proven track record of consistent quality, the wines have to be both produced from estate-grown grapes and also have to be processed and aged in a winery (bodega) located on the estate.
It is a privileged place for wine lovers. The winery, designed by Rafael Moneo, the history and the legends to be found in the smaller buildings, a magnificent natural place and the exclusive wines make for a unique environment on the Saint James’ Way. A place with something for all your senses to enjoy.
This winery is the first establishment in the North of Spain to have received the bodega recognition as a “Vino de Pago” which gives them their own Denomination of Origin, exclusively for their 130 hectares, a level superior to with the Denomination of Origin Qualified.
This winery values not only the climate, the geology, the passing of the years, history, bothold and new architecture…, it guards a way of understanding viticulture and life. It is, an “almost secret” enclave.
Driving a 4WD car through the vineyards, we will get to a natural balcony, and here, overlooking the property's vineyards, we will get a welcome glass of Taittinger Brut Reserve Champagne.
Back in the property, we will visit La Casona, a building of the VIII century that the Marquess of Zabalegui ordered built to better enjoy the natural beauty of the estate. We will walk you through all the winery's facilities to understand all the secrets of our winemaking process and to know the unique qualities of one of Europe’s most modern wineries.
We will enjoy a Fully assisted tasting of 5 of their top wines:
- Chivite Colección 125 Blanco
- Chivite Colección 125 Rosado
- Arínzano La Casona “Vino Calificación de Pago”.
- Gran Vino de Arínzano. “Vino Calificación de Pago”.
- Chivite Colección 125 Vendimia Tardía dulce
Full lunch is serverd after the tasting including all the above mentioned wines.