- FOR 2 PEOPLE: 430 EURO
- FOR 3 OR 4 PEOPLE: 540 EURO
- ASK A QUOTATION FOR A BIGGER PARTY OF PEOPLE
- START TIME: 9:30 AM
- DURATION: 8 HOURS
- THE TOUR WILL START AND FINISH IN YOUR HOTEL
- AN EXTRA FEE IS APPLIED FOR TOURS FROM SAINT JEAN DE LUZ OR BIARRITZ
- Private Group
- Basque Local Driver/Guide
- All transportation costs (fuel, parking and tolls)
- Food & drinks
- Any other not specified items
Discover the French Basque countryside on the foothills of the Pyrenees
Feel the "The way of St James" pilgrimage spirit in Saint Jean Pied de Port, the most popular starting point of the popular pilgrimage route
Visit charming small vilalges like Espelette, Bidarray, Sare & Ainhoa.
The town was once a part of the Spanish province of Navarra and the Basque language is still spoken on both sides of the border and they still share similar traditions.The town has traditionally been an important point on the Way of St. James, the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela, as it stands at the base of the Roncevaus Pass across the Pyrenees.
The beginning of the Pyrenees is easily observed from Bidarray's 12th century church's promenade. From here, we will take a fascinating back-road, that crosses the famous Pass Du Roland and take us to Espelette. Espelette is attractive with traditional Labourd style houses is known for its dried red peppers, used whole or ground to a hot powder are hung to dry outside many of the houses and shops in the village during the summer.
This is THE Basque village par excellence. It has everything: red and white houses, a pelote court alongside the church, and a cemetery full of the traditional disc-topped monuments. At sunset the mountains themselves turn «Basque red»
Sare is known as ‘‘one of the most beautiful villages in France’’, and the label is well-deserved. Standing at the foot of the Rhune, Sare is a major prehistoric site and has carefully preserved its Basque authenticity through its large pelota court, shaded streets and fine church with wooden galleries. Known for its festivities, its inhabitants’ love of tradition .
ADAPTING TO YOU:
- Our tours are private, so we could add / remove / change anything on them to meet your preferences
- This tour could also be done from SAINT JEAN DE LUZ OR BIARRITZ, please check conditions.